Sunday, April 17, 2022

April 17, 2022 Easter


Today is Easter Sunday.
I didn't do any decorating for this holiday, this year.  I put up two "Flower" posters but they are not strictly Easter. Just flowers. We had Dinner at Heathers. Ham, which I brought a lot of home with me, since they do not eat left-overs and there was a lot of ha left on the bone, and I got the bone as well, for a pot of beans I want to make on Tuesday. We colored eggs last night, at her house. 
WE got the Greenhouse put together and put in it's place by the house, but I may move it to the back later. I filled 36 plastic cups with some potting  soil and seed starter mix, and planted some seeds into each cup. They are now in the Greenhouse, sitting in my wagon, waiting to be put on the shelfs. That is my plan to work in in the morning. watering, checks and setting on the shelves. 
After Dinner, just before we left Heather's home. She wanted to know more about the community garden. She wants to help me get the set up and see what she can learn to grown, and she would like to see each box filled. I told her one of the main things we need right now. is filler and soils to plant in. Each box has very little left in them. A lot of soil is needed. She may know someone who can help with that. And no only wants to grow but what we don't need donate to the food bank and, and anything I grow, I want to donate  to the Senior Center.  There are w few more seeds to buy. Onion and zucchini are what I remember she put on the list. She said corn and I an mot adverse to growing corn, but we need some land tilled in order to do that. maybe some potatoes as well. 
I found a small electric tiller that runs off of a battery that is reasonable priced and I am trying to talk Jerry into buying it for me.  Heather mentioned that Mother's day is only three weeks away. So, maybe I will get it for that day.  
It took me two years, but I got the large sind chime restrung. I lost the tound stricker from it, ut the sind paddle has been working just fine for stricking the chimes on it.  I never did get the cards made, but I have that on my list to make later and can give them out, next year.




Billie C.

 I Live in Tennessee.
Garden zone 7b
    

No comments:

Post a Comment